Fun things to do on the web
Pages on this site
- Astro-blog: A weblog describing our experience in our new amateur astronomy hobby.
- Kid's Links: Fun links for kids (and their parents).
- Comics Page: Links to places to read comic strips online.
- Orthodox Christian Humor: Jokes and funny kid stories relating to Eastern Orthodox Christian topics
- International Prototype Kilogram Losing Weight: The Untold Story. Why the IPK may have lost mass.
A collection of links that I find humorous or otherwise interesting.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day: Cool pictures of the cosmos, with explanations.
- Bad Astronomy: Astronomer Phil Plait corrects popular misconceptions about his favorite subject.
- Jump the Shark: When good TV shows go bad.
- kissthisguy.com: "The Archive of Misheard Lyrics is the Internet's largest database of misheard lyrics to pop songs."
- The Onion: An online satirical newspaper, sometimes irreverent or baudy, but usually funny and often with biting satire. (Note: some of the material on "The Onion" may not be suitable for younger readers.)
- The Straight Dope: Cecil Adams answers questions about anything. Updated weekly.
- Urban Legends: "The definitive Internet reference source for urban legends, myths, and folklore."
- Ze sveedish chef: A tribute to everyone's favorite muppet, along with programs to translate English into "Mock Swedish." Bork! Bork! Bork!
- The Washington Post Crossword Page: Play four different crossword puzzles (requires Java).
- The New York Times Crossword and Game Page: A "Classic Crossword Puzzle" (requires Java) and other games.