I just updated the comics page to include a bunch of links to comic strips (mostly ones found in newspapers, although there may be a few webcomics in there if read them, and there are also a few strips that are retired but in reruns).
At first I started making the links using the
TABLE element, which seemed logical at the time. I had the idea that could apply the CSS
overflow property to the
TBODY element to make a scrollable table, but that didn’t seem to work in most browsers. Moreover, after looking over the CSS spec, I’m not even sure that
overflow can be applied to
TBODY at all.
After that, I decide to use nested list element markup, which ended up saving a lot of lines of code, at least. To save browser space, I gave the list elements a fixed width and floated them so they would all line up. I had to use a few tweaks to get it to look right in several browsers (including some older ones), but eventually I think I got the bugs worked out.