I added a new page to this website: Orthodox Churches in Indianapolis. I used this page partly to learn how to create a custom map with google maps and embed it in a webpage. Initially I intended to make the page to HTML 4.01 strict standards. However, google supplies code to embed the page using the
IFRAME element, which is deprecated for strict doctypes. (The embedded code also seems to throw some validation errors, but that’s a rant for another day). I played around for awhile trying to convert it to an
OBJECT element, but that turned out to be more trouble than it was worth; moreover,
OBJECT does not play very nice with Internet Explorer (or perhaps vice versa), so eventually I gave up and used a transitional doctype, thinking that usability might be more important than purity of code.
September 20, 2009
3 Comments »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.